When it comes to roofing replacement or re-roofing, there are a few key things to consider. In this article, we’ll be comparing the two options and explaining what each one has to offer.
What Is A Roof Replacement?
Roof replacement is when a roof is completely replaced, as opposed to just being repaired or re-coated. A new roof will likely be more waterproof, energy-efficient, and longer lasting than a re-roof.
Here are some key differences:
- A new roof will likely be more waterproof and insulating, keeping your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- A new roof will likely have better air circulation, helping to reduce energy costs. A new roof may also have solar panels installed as part of the installation process, providing additional savings on your energy bills.
What Is A Re-roof?
A re-roof is a roof replacement. A roof replacement means that the roofing material, such as tar and tile, is replaced with new roofing material.
What Are The Benefits Of A Re-roof?
A re-roof is a much more extensive and expensive option than replacing your roof, and there are many benefits to choosing this option. A re-roof can protect your home from weather damage, keep your insulation up, and add years of life to your roof.
Here are some of the main reasons to consider a re-roof:
- Weather Protection: A re-roof will help protect your home from weather damage. Rain and snow will slide off a new roof, while water and ice will accumulate on an old one. A re-roof will also keep your insulation up, which will decrease your energy bill over time.
- Increased Life Span: A re-roof can add years of life to your roof, protecting it from potential leaks and damage. It can also add insulation, reducing your energy bill in the long run.
- Increased Mobility: A re-roof is much more mobile than a replacement roof, allowing you to move items that may be in the way of a new roof. This can be helpful if you need to make any updates to your home – like adding new windows – without having to replace the entire roof.
What Are The Benefits Of A Roof Replacement?
A roof replacement is a much more expensive option, but it can provide many benefits over a re-roofing project. A roof replacement typically includes new materials and construction techniques, which means that the roof will last longer and be more reliable than a re-roof.
Here are the main reasons to choose a roof replacement over a re-roof:
- New materials and construction techniques: A roof replacement will use new, high-quality materials and construction techniques that will make the roof more durable and reliable. Re-roofing with the same materials and techniques will not achieve these results.
- Longer lifespan: A roof replacement will last significantly longer than a re-roofing project. A re-roof typically only lasts around 15 years before it needs to be replaced, while a roof replacement can last up to 30 years or more.
- More affordable: A roof replacement is typically cheaper than a re-roofing project. This is because you are getting new, high-quality materials and construction instead of using recycled or recycled material with less durability.
Visit our homepage and call us if you need re-roof and roof replacement service.